Aythorpe Roding pipped by Terling in pair of matches
- Credit: Archant
Aythorpe Roding and Terling had another good workout at the weekend after meeting in a pair of matches.
The two clubs met in a 20/20 fixture first of all, before then playing a 10-over per side match, with Terling coming out on top in both.
Aythorpe batted first in the longer format but were 28-4 after seven overs, before Neil Culleton (29 not out), Graham Milbank (17), Dave Mack (17) and Joe Apperley (12) saw them reach 98-8.
Humphries claimed 4-7 for Terling, as Spooner (2-28) nabbed a brace, but they lost two early wickets before going on to seal a five-wicket win as Wager (32 not out) and Oldham (22) played leading roles with the bat.
Captain Andy Clarke (2-20) was Aythorpe’s most successful bowler, as Josh Woodmore (1-6), Luke Wharton (1-16) and Milbank (1-25) also struck.
You may also want to watch:
Terling batted first in the second clash and made 86-3 from their 10 overs as Hodgkiss (21) and James Atkinson (28 retired) tops cored.
Woodmore (2-12) and Apperley (1-10) took the wickets to fall, with Tom Wharton (25) retiring out in reply after putting on 51 for the first wicket with Apperley (22) in six overs.
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 4 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 5 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 6 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 7 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 8 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 9 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 10 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
Neil Culleton (10) and Milbank (15 not out) also made double figures but Aythorpe came up just short on 83-2.
This Saturday sees the start of the Covid Cup competition, with Aythorpe hosting Springfield at 12pm, followed by Hornchurch against High Roding at 3pm.