Away cup delight for Dunmow Rhodes
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes claimed a 2-1 win at Sandon in The David Strachan Mid Essex League Knock-Out Cup second round.
The away side started the stronger of the two teams .
Their first chance in the 24th minute when Jake Buckland broke through and pulled the ball back for Adam Burton whose shot was brilliantly stopped on the line.
This woke Sandon who used the long ball with the slope to turn the Dunmow defence.
With dangerous crosses into the box Sandon were unlucky not to score before half-time.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw Dunmow press hard from the kick-off.
In the 54 minute Daryl Burton pulled the ball back to man of the match Josh Burgess who fired a low strike home.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
In the 68th minute Sandon tried to push forward. Jamie Sanders broke down the Sandon attack and released Matt Travell. Matt’s first shot was pushed out by the keeper but he followed up his run and tapped in for Dunmow’s second goal.
Dunmow skipper Simon Preece headed a free-kick into his won goal for 2-1, but his side saw out the game to progress.