Awards night: Reeves runs away with it
GRANGE Farm and Dunmow Runners held their annual awards dinner and dance in Felsted on Saturday.
Gongs were presented to members who competed in the club’s championship races over the past 12 months. The competitions were divided into two groups – eight road races, ranging from 5k to a marathon, and seven cross-country events.
The Power Cup, for the runner achieving the highest number of points overall, was presented to Jules Reeves. Second was Craig Hooke and third Kath Birks
The road section was won, for the men, by Hooke, followed by Lee Prowse and Ian Lawson and, for the women, by Reeves, with Charlotte King second and Anita Cox third.
Pru Hayhow was first in the ladies’ cross-country section, followed by Kath Birks and Reeves, while Dan Reynolds was first for the men with Hooke and Lawson joint second.
You may also want to watch:
The awards of Runners of the Year, to members showing the greatest improvement, went to David Spencer and Anita Cox. The Ray Challis Memorial Marathon Trophy was presented jointly to avid marathon runners Sharon White and Joe Dilworth.
Kath Birks was voted Club Member of the Year in recognition of her unstinting commitment to club activities.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
A prize draw raised �190 for the club’s Charity of the Year, the Essex Air Ambulance.