Awards night: Reeves runs away with it
GRANGE Farm and Dunmow Runners held their annual awards dinner and dance in Felsted on Saturday.
Gongs were presented to members who competed in the club’s championship races over the past 12 months. The competitions were divided into two groups – eight road races, ranging from 5k to a marathon, and seven cross-country events.
The Power Cup, for the runner achieving the highest number of points overall, was presented to Jules Reeves. Second was Craig Hooke and third Kath Birks
The road section was won, for the men, by Hooke, followed by Lee Prowse and Ian Lawson and, for the women, by Reeves, with Charlotte King second and Anita Cox third.
Pru Hayhow was first in the ladies’ cross-country section, followed by Kath Birks and Reeves, while Dan Reynolds was first for the men with Hooke and Lawson joint second.
You may also want to watch:
The awards of Runners of the Year, to members showing the greatest improvement, went to David Spencer and Anita Cox. The Ray Challis Memorial Marathon Trophy was presented jointly to avid marathon runners Sharon White and Joe Dilworth.
Kath Birks was voted Club Member of the Year in recognition of her unstinting commitment to club activities.
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 4 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 5 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 8 Campaign aims to cut Essex roads deaths and series injuries to zero
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 Essex A&E waiting times: fears raised about winter as 'NHS really struggling'
A prize draw raised �190 for the club’s Charity of the Year, the Essex Air Ambulance.