Awards for Dunmow’s top junior players
- Credit: Archant
Great Dunmow Karate Club juniors competed in the English Shotokan Karate Association Championships and had some excellent results.
Katie Oliver, age 8, came second in kata and third in kihon.
Daisy Theokli was first in kata and third in freestyle.
Harry Fox took third spot in freestyle.
James Oliver, Katie’s brother, was third in kata.
The youngsters are trained at the club by 6th Dan Paul Raymond, a former England international, in the Great Dunmow Leisure Centre every Tuesday from 7pm-8pm.
- 1 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 2 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 3 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 4 Essex Young Farmers celebrate Plough Sunday with Thaxted tractor run
- 5 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 6 Sunday's event for the 100 year anniversary of village hall
- 7 Things to do in Essex February 2022
- 8 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 9 'I'm proud of how far I've come' - Dunmow mum shares her weight loss experience
- 10 Pets' Corner news: Winter Walkies for St Clare