Swimming: Dunmow Atlantis shine at Essex Winter Championships
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis swimmers were back in action at the two-day Essex Senior Winter Championships at Basildon Sporting Village.
Swimmers from all over the county competed in a variety of events, from sprints to longer distance, and Dunmow had their share of success.
Josh Smith won golds in his 100m freestyle and butterfly, while Rebecca Watt won 50m freestyle gold as both qualified for the Nationals at Ponds Forge in December.
Damon Elliott added bronze in his 50m butterfly and, along with Smith, Watt, Sophie Taylor and Kyle Panton, also appeared in open finals.
The rest of the squad were in great form, smashing personal bests and gaining Essex and Regional qualifying times, including Sam Dack, Ellie Runnalls, Patrick Winnington, Jack Richardson, Matt McLaughlin, Morgan Harrod, Maddie Lees, Georgia Harrod, Rose Wilkinson, Dylan Nutt, Rebecca Dack, Josh Toms, Aidan Clarkson. Amelia Barton, Ben James, Toby Rayner, Will Smith, Harrison Travers and Rebecca Johnson.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the Club, please visit www.dunmowatlantis.co.uk.
- 1 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 4 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Tens of thousands of pounds worth of horse riding gear stolen in High Easter
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 'This is my life version 2.0' - Doctor marks Covid anniversary with fundraising efforts
- 9 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford