Athletics: Relay good effort by GFDR men!
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners saw their men finish eighth at the Essex Road Relays on Saturday.
The team of four each ran a 5k leg along the sea front at Dovercourt, in the Essex Championship event organised by Harwich Runners.
James Bosher led the way on the first leg, recording a 16 minute 16 second leg.
Lee Pickering then took over and ran a 17.17 leg before passing the baton to Martin Jackson (20.39).
The anchor leg was run by Josh Sowman, whose 16.44 was the 10th fastest on the day as GFDR recorded an overall time of 1:10.56.
You may also want to watch:
Havering won the race, which included a total of 24 teams, with 1:05.32.
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 4 New cycle network consultation announced
- 5 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows