Athletics: Relay good effort by GFDR men!
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners saw their men finish eighth at the Essex Road Relays on Saturday.
The team of four each ran a 5k leg along the sea front at Dovercourt, in the Essex Championship event organised by Harwich Runners.
James Bosher led the way on the first leg, recording a 16 minute 16 second leg.
Lee Pickering then took over and ran a 17.17 leg before passing the baton to Martin Jackson (20.39).
The anchor leg was run by Josh Sowman, whose 16.44 was the 10th fastest on the day as GFDR recorded an overall time of 1:10.56.
You may also want to watch:
Havering won the race, which included a total of 24 teams, with 1:05.32.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 3 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 4 Raynes Boxing Club duo delighted to return to amateur competition
- 5 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 6 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 7 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 8 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 9 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 10 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles