Athletics: Relay good effort by GFDR men!
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners saw their men finish eighth at the Essex Road Relays on Saturday.
The team of four each ran a 5k leg along the sea front at Dovercourt, in the Essex Championship event organised by Harwich Runners.
James Bosher led the way on the first leg, recording a 16 minute 16 second leg.
Lee Pickering then took over and ran a 17.17 leg before passing the baton to Martin Jackson (20.39).
The anchor leg was run by Josh Sowman, whose 16.44 was the 10th fastest on the day as GFDR recorded an overall time of 1:10.56.
Havering won the race, which included a total of 24 teams, with 1:05.32.
- 1 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 2 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 3 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 4 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 5 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 6 Great Dunmow Town Council will be asked to declare 'climate emergency'
- 7 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 8 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 9 Campaigners quiz council over its Wethersfield prisons letters
- 10 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner