Athletics: Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners out in force
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners were out in force at the High Easter 10k and Witham 10 mile road races on Bank Holiday weekend.
A group of 17 were among a field of 255 at High Easter on Sunday, the morning after the club’s dinner and dance.
James Bosher (34.18) was second overall, as Naomi Moss (45.07) won the F45-54 category in a new best.
Jason Bepey (43.53), Dan Wright (46.27) and Henrietta Butcher (54.16) also set bests.
Richard Meal finished in 38.37, ahead of Dan Reynolds (40.39), David Andrews (42.11), Antony Karas (43.57) and Alan Fullerton (44.27).
Hannah McIlvenna (45.20), Ian Lawson (45.21), Colin Jackson (45.27), David Kelsey (47.50), Charlotte King (51.35), Jackie Adams (59.34) and Roz Wright (61.38) also ran.
Five members were in a field of 295 at Witham and led home by Martin Atkinson (1:13.42), with Colin Jackson (1:19.49), Emily Predebon (1:19.50), Karas (1:23.07) and Glenda Jackson (1:59.18) also in action.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 5 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 6 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 7 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 8 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
GFDR will hold an eight-mile trail race from The Stag, Little Easton on June 10 and a 10k from Felsted on July 8.