Athletics: Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners out in force
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners were out in force at the High Easter 10k and Witham 10 mile road races on Bank Holiday weekend.
A group of 17 were among a field of 255 at High Easter on Sunday, the morning after the club’s dinner and dance.
James Bosher (34.18) was second overall, as Naomi Moss (45.07) won the F45-54 category in a new best.
Jason Bepey (43.53), Dan Wright (46.27) and Henrietta Butcher (54.16) also set bests.
Richard Meal finished in 38.37, ahead of Dan Reynolds (40.39), David Andrews (42.11), Antony Karas (43.57) and Alan Fullerton (44.27).
You may also want to watch:
Hannah McIlvenna (45.20), Ian Lawson (45.21), Colin Jackson (45.27), David Kelsey (47.50), Charlotte King (51.35), Jackie Adams (59.34) and Roz Wright (61.38) also ran.
Five members were in a field of 295 at Witham and led home by Martin Atkinson (1:13.42), with Colin Jackson (1:19.49), Emily Predebon (1:19.50), Karas (1:23.07) and Glenda Jackson (1:59.18) also in action.
- 1 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 2 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 3 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Stations benefit from funding
- 7 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 8 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 9 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village
- 10 Minibuses are transporting residents to Covid jab appointments
GFDR will hold an eight-mile trail race from The Stag, Little Easton on June 10 and a 10k from Felsted on July 8.