Athletics: Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners impress
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners excelled at the Halstead Marathon.
The event attracted 374 runners, including 10 from GFDR, and doubled up as an Essex Championship race.
The main event was won by Matt Spencer of Bungay Black Dog RC in two hours 40 minutes and 46 seconds.
GFDR’s Karen Pickering (3:43.33) won county silver in the F35 category winner while Hayley Smith (4:02.24) took the bronze award.
Pickering, Laetitia Corbett – in a new best of 3:50.02 – and Hayley Smith were the second women’s team, with Karen Pickering, Hayley Smith and Hayley Morley (4:39.30) taking bronze.
You may also want to watch:
Fastest for GFDR was James Bosher, finishing in 2:56.57 ahead of Ashwin Shah (3:33.27), Alan Fullerton (3:42.50), Ian Lawson (3:47.06), Colin Jackson (3:50.51) and John Smith (3:55.21).
GFDR will be holding an eight-mile trail race from The Stag, Little Easton, on June 10 and a 10k road race from Felsted on 8 July.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 7 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 8 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 9 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 10 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council