Arran, aged 9, wants Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge to stay at the club
A CHEEKY youngster has told one of his footballing heroes exactly how he would mark him if they ever met in a competitive match.
Arran Ballard, aged nine, from Woodlands Park, Great Dunmow, got the chance to train with Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge after winning a nationwide competition.
After travelling down to the Chelsea training ground in Cobham with his dad, the Barnston under 9s defender said: “I was a bit nervous, but it was very exciting, we got to do tricks, take penalties and he taught me the Cruyff turns.”
When we asked young Arran how he would deal with someone of Sturridge’s pace and ability he simply replied “mark him really tight!”
Sturridge, 21, is one of Arran’s favourite players and he said that he really hopes the forward stays at Chelsea after spending months on loan at Bolton prior to a possible move in the summer.
You may also want to watch:
The ‘once in a lifetime’ competition was run by the Disney Aim High initiative which aims to inspire a generation of children to get the most out of life and try new things.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge