Another Good show from Jack
The Bank Holiday gave Walden Tri athletes a chance to show their skills and fitness once again. The weekend got off to a flying start with four club athletes taking part in the Bedford Classic triathlon on Sunday with a 1500m swim, 40k bike and 10k run.
The Bank Holiday gave Walden Tri athletes a chance to show their skills and fitness once again.
The weekend got off to a flying start with four club athletes taking part in the Bedford Classic triathlon on Sunday with a 1500m swim, 40k bike and 10k run.
The race attracted hundreds of athletes and with the presence of some professional triathletes it was a high class field.
The Bedford Classic is staged in the town centre, the swim in the River Ouse and the run along its banks.
You may also want to watch:
Again Jack Peasgood continued his winning ways by taking the 17-18 year-old age group and achieving an overall 55th position in 2hr 22min.
Greg Lewis also had a fine race achieving 52nd spot overall in 2hr 20min.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 3 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 7 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 8 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 9 New cycle network consultation announced
- 10 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
David Hird came home in 151st place in 2hr 36min and David Peasgood 177th in 2hr 40min.
Monday saw another fine club result, this time from Liam Goddard competing in the Thames Turbo series in London, his first seriously competitive race.
Against a strong field Liam delivered an excellent performance completing the course in 1hr 23min to come second in the 15-16 years age group.
If you want to find out more about taking part and having fun in triathlon or duathlon visit Walden Tri's website at www.waldentri.co.uk