Annual festive meet for the Atlantis swimmers
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 top three places were achieved by Dunmow Atlantis swimmers at the popular annual Christmas Cracker Open Meet.
The event, held at Braintree pool last weekend jointly by Dunmow Atlantis and Braintree and Bocking SC, saw clubs from all over the area compete.
The high profile competition saw many of the swimmers gain new or improved 2017 Essex and/or East Region qualifying times.
Nearly all the swimmers boosted their personal bests during the meet and five swimmers smashed club records: John Boyle (200m freestyle), Joshua Smith (50m and 200m backstroke), Louis Spong (100m butterfly), Meghan Maybanks (100m freestyle) and Harrison Cox (50m freestyle).
Celebrating a new 50m breaststroke PB on top of recently earning the club’s Swimmer of the Month award was 11-year-old Amelia Barton.
You may also want to watch:
Also competing at the two-day event were: Ben James, Sam Dack, Matthew McLaughlin, Dylan Nutt, Maddie Lees, Oliver Smith, Jake Latham, Oscar Hastings, Samuel Hayden, Jack Rayner, Harrison Cox, Henry Pertwee, Harry Wheeler, Patrick Winnington, Toby Rayner, Damon Elliot, Jack Richardson, Hettie le Huquet, Emily Hastings, Georgia Richardson, Neve Winnington, Elizabeth Dinning, Eliza Westcott, Millie Westcott, Ella Nutt, Maddie Myers, Emily Green, Lucy le Huquet, Amelie Jones, Becky Johnson, Rose Wilkinson, Morgan Harrod, Aidan Clarkson, Jess Jagathesan, Paige Marks, Daisy Herrington, Rebecca Dack, Katie Musgrove, Sophie Taylor, Ellie Runnalls, Rebecca Romain, Meghan Archibald, Chloe Moloney, Zoe Lloyd-Rossi, Daisy Hughes, Eliya McHugh, Georgia Harrod and Rebecca Watt.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 6 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing