Anglers find it difficult in winter league
Following a week of excellent fishing at Bordeaux Pit with mild and dry weather the heavy rain at the weekend slowed sport right down at Saffron Walden Angling Club s Winter League third round. Most anglers struggled for bites throughout the day, but the
Following a week of excellent fishing at Bordeaux Pit with mild and dry weather the heavy rain at the weekend slowed sport right down at Saffron Walden Angling Club's Winter League third round.
Most anglers struggled for bites throughout the day, but the prospect of a bonus specimen was always there.
Dave Porter found the fish would not accept a bottom fished bait and came up in the water using pinkie and 10m pole for a superb 2lb 8oz crucian carp which together with a number of skimmer bream, gave him a total of 6lb 11oz.
Brian Newman drawn opposite on peg four, fished similar tactics for an all small fish bag of 4lb 8oz. George Woodley sat the match out for one small perch, but in the last minutes landed a bonus bream to finish third with 3lb 10oz, and it was a chub with a number of ide that boosted fourth placed Neil Everards weight.
You may also want to watch:
Still in the early stages Brian Mizon leads the league followed by Brian Newman and Clive Bradford in third.
A few places remain available to members in the Christmas Charity Match at Bordeaux Pit on Sunday December 30.
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 5 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 6 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 10 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
For entries or further details contact The Country Store in Sawston.