Amott gets Takeley off and running
Frenford 1 Takeley 2 A late strike from James Amott gave Takeley all three points in their Essex Olympian League opener at Frenford. The visitors started strongly on Saturday, but couldn t find the breakthrough and the teams went in level at the break. Ta
Frenford 1 Takeley 2
A late strike from James Amott gave Takeley all three points in their Essex Olympian League opener at Frenford.
The visitors started strongly on Saturday, but couldn't find the breakthrough and the teams went in level at the break.
Takeley finally found the net after 70 minutes when Danny Wardle fired in a cracking shot from 25 yards yards that gave the host keeper no chance.
However, Frenford drew level five minutes later when McCardle found the net following a breakaway.
Takeley continued to dominate and got their reward with four minutes to go when James Amott converted a poor punch out by the Frenford keeper after a corner.
- 1 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 2 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 5 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Dunmow Rovers Youth FC get £1,000 donation for new kits
- 8 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 9 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 10 High Easter hit Legends with second-half goal blitz
Takeley Reserves 6
Hannakins Farm 1
A hat-trick from Ben Doyle helped Takeley Reserves crush newly promoted Hannakins Farm on Saturday.
Hannakins started strongly, but Takeley took the lead in the 27th minute through Ricky Goldblatt.
Frankie Fisk doubled the advantage eight minutes later, but the visitors reduced the arrears before half-time through Richard Sapsworth's free-kick.
Takeley dominated the second half and went further ahead after 70 minutes when Doyle finished off a good move, before grabbing his second three minutes later.
The hosts rounded off the victory with two goals in the last five minutes. Darryl Cowdery hooked a classic shot into the net and Doyle fired home a drive from close range for his hat-trick.
On Saturday Takeley host Harold Wood Athletic (2.30pm), while the reserves visit M &B Club.