Amott gets Takeley off and running
Frenford 1 Takeley 2 A late strike from James Amott gave Takeley all three points in their Essex Olympian League opener at Frenford. The visitors started strongly on Saturday, but couldn t find the breakthrough and the teams went in level at the break. Ta
Frenford 1 Takeley 2
A late strike from James Amott gave Takeley all three points in their Essex Olympian League opener at Frenford.
The visitors started strongly on Saturday, but couldn't find the breakthrough and the teams went in level at the break.
Takeley finally found the net after 70 minutes when Danny Wardle fired in a cracking shot from 25 yards yards that gave the host keeper no chance.
You may also want to watch:
However, Frenford drew level five minutes later when McCardle found the net following a breakaway.
Takeley continued to dominate and got their reward with four minutes to go when James Amott converted a poor punch out by the Frenford keeper after a corner.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
Takeley Reserves 6
Hannakins Farm 1
A hat-trick from Ben Doyle helped Takeley Reserves crush newly promoted Hannakins Farm on Saturday.
Hannakins started strongly, but Takeley took the lead in the 27th minute through Ricky Goldblatt.
Frankie Fisk doubled the advantage eight minutes later, but the visitors reduced the arrears before half-time through Richard Sapsworth's free-kick.
Takeley dominated the second half and went further ahead after 70 minutes when Doyle finished off a good move, before grabbing his second three minutes later.
The hosts rounded off the victory with two goals in the last five minutes. Darryl Cowdery hooked a classic shot into the net and Doyle fired home a drive from close range for his hat-trick.
On Saturday Takeley host Harold Wood Athletic (2.30pm), while the reserves visit M &B Club.