Alex Lynn laps it up at Rockingham
Fortec’s Alex Lynn led the way in Cooper Tires British Formula 3 testing today at Rockingham, the Dunmow youngster swiftest of the challengers in two of the day’s four sessions.
Crucially Lynn was fastest in the cool of the early morning to post a best for the day of 1m 17.578s, a tenth quicker than his team-mate Hannes van Asseldonk. The 18-year-old was also quickest in the day’s final session, by a four-hundredth margin from Carlin’s Harry Tincknell, who was one of only four men to find any time in the afternoon.
Lynn was pleased with his day’s work: “It’s been a pretty good day. We expected the first session to be the quickest so we aimed for a good time in that and spent the rest of the day concentrating on set up for the next rounds.
“We are more than happy with the pace we’ve had today compared with the last time we were here. It’s given me lots of confidence and hopefully we can carry this forward into the Rockingham rounds.”
The day’s other session-toppers were Carlin’s Jazeman Jaafar, whose 1m 18.227s in the second test was third-best time of the day overall, and his team-mate Carlos Sainz, the championship leader, who was quickest in session three and who went on to find another hundredth in the final test.
You may also want to watch:
T-Sport’s Spike Goddard outpaced his rival and Australian countryman, Double R’s Duvashen Padayachee, to claim the National class honours for the day.
The Rockingham rounds of the Cooper Tires British Formula 3 International Series take place over the weekend of 9/10 June.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 4 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 5 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 6 In this week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on Thursday August 5
- 7 Burglars break into Co-op store
- 8 New intake of junior doctors at Broomfield Hospital
- 9 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 10 In pictures: Record numbers enter Stansted in Bloom