Alex Lynn laps it up at Rockingham
Fortec’s Alex Lynn led the way in Cooper Tires British Formula 3 testing today at Rockingham, the Dunmow youngster swiftest of the challengers in two of the day’s four sessions.
Crucially Lynn was fastest in the cool of the early morning to post a best for the day of 1m 17.578s, a tenth quicker than his team-mate Hannes van Asseldonk. The 18-year-old was also quickest in the day’s final session, by a four-hundredth margin from Carlin’s Harry Tincknell, who was one of only four men to find any time in the afternoon.
Lynn was pleased with his day’s work: “It’s been a pretty good day. We expected the first session to be the quickest so we aimed for a good time in that and spent the rest of the day concentrating on set up for the next rounds.
“We are more than happy with the pace we’ve had today compared with the last time we were here. It’s given me lots of confidence and hopefully we can carry this forward into the Rockingham rounds.”
The day’s other session-toppers were Carlin’s Jazeman Jaafar, whose 1m 18.227s in the second test was third-best time of the day overall, and his team-mate Carlos Sainz, the championship leader, who was quickest in session three and who went on to find another hundredth in the final test.
You may also want to watch:
T-Sport’s Spike Goddard outpaced his rival and Australian countryman, Double R’s Duvashen Padayachee, to claim the National class honours for the day.
The Rockingham rounds of the Cooper Tires British Formula 3 International Series take place over the weekend of 9/10 June.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge