Zoe’s scones win gold star award
- Credit: Archant
Great tasting cheddar cheese scones have won Zoe’s Coffee Shop in Great Dunmow High Street an award coming top out of 10,000 products.
Great Taste, the blind-tasted food awards, gave Zoe’s Coffee Shop a one-star gold star award. The judges said: “The scones were golden and well baked with good cheddar flavour and cheese topping. This is good and rich, a very nice scone.”
The awards are judged by over 500 of the most demanding palates, belonging to food critics, chefs, cooks, restaurateurs and producers as well as food writers and journalists, Great Taste is widely acknowledged an accreditation scheme for artisan and speciality food producers.
This is the second gold star that Zoe’s Coffee Shop has been awarded by the Great Taste Awards.
The case won one for its traditional Scotch Eggs in 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Zoë said “Winning a Gold Star is a very prestigious award, with over 10,000 entries each year throughout the country its tough to be awarded one. We are thrilled to have been given another star for another one of our homemade products. We think we had better get baking as once the word is out there could be a rush on for the scones.”
Out of this year’s 10,000 entries, 141 have been awarded a three-star, 878 received a two-star and 2,520 were awarded a one-star accolade.
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 5 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Stansted author to release second novel
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision
The judges include Great British Bake Off winner, Frances Quinn, food buyers from Harrods, Selfridges, Fortnum and Mason, Harvey Nichols and Waitrose.