Youth shelter scheme planned for Dunmow’s skate park
- Credit: Archant
Great Dunmow’s young people could benefit from having a youth shelter built next to the town’s much-loved skate park.
Mayor Jonathan Cadwallader is keen to see a shelter erected at The Causeway so users of the facility have somewhere to go if it rains or if they want somewhere to sit down for a chat.
Great Dunmow Town Council is keen to support the idea and there is money in the budget, if it is given the go-ahead.
Councillor Cadwallader told the Broadcast: “I felt the need myself when I took my grandchildren down to the skate park and it started to rain. We tried to find shelter, with many others, under the skate park.”
During his year in office, Cllr Cadwallader has been raising money to fund extra youth provision in the town.
You may also want to watch:
He has decided to invest the cash into a trim trail which is to be built on the town’s recreation ground. There will be around six circuits, including equipment for chin-ups and climbing bars, for residents of all ages to use.
The youth shelter, if approved, will be a Great Dunmow Town Council initiative. Money has been set aside in the budget for the skate park and an ongoing refurbishment project has been taking place.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
Town clerk Caroline Fuller said they will wait to see how much Cllr Cadwallader has raised before the idea is taken further, adding: “The council is interested in the scheme. The mayor is doing well with his fundraising and we have money in the budget for the skate park.”
• What do you think? Would the skate park benefit from having a youth shelter? Email email@example.com