Youth shelter scheme planned for Dunmow’s skate park
- Credit: Archant
Great Dunmow’s young people could benefit from having a youth shelter built next to the town’s much-loved skate park.
Mayor Jonathan Cadwallader is keen to see a shelter erected at The Causeway so users of the facility have somewhere to go if it rains or if they want somewhere to sit down for a chat.
Great Dunmow Town Council is keen to support the idea and there is money in the budget, if it is given the go-ahead.
Councillor Cadwallader told the Broadcast: “I felt the need myself when I took my grandchildren down to the skate park and it started to rain. We tried to find shelter, with many others, under the skate park.”
During his year in office, Cllr Cadwallader has been raising money to fund extra youth provision in the town.
You may also want to watch:
He has decided to invest the cash into a trim trail which is to be built on the town’s recreation ground. There will be around six circuits, including equipment for chin-ups and climbing bars, for residents of all ages to use.
The youth shelter, if approved, will be a Great Dunmow Town Council initiative. Money has been set aside in the budget for the skate park and an ongoing refurbishment project has been taking place.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 3 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 4 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 5 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 6 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 7 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 8 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
Town clerk Caroline Fuller said they will wait to see how much Cllr Cadwallader has raised before the idea is taken further, adding: “The council is interested in the scheme. The mayor is doing well with his fundraising and we have money in the budget for the skate park.”
• What do you think? Would the skate park benefit from having a youth shelter? Email firstname.lastname@example.org