Young Dunmow singer following in the footsteps of X Factor star
- Credit: Archant
Stardom is on the cards for a Dunmow teenager who hit the right note by reaching the regional finals of a singing competition.
Jemima Waters travelled to Camden to compete in TeenStar, a national contest made famous last year after previous winner Luke Friend made it through to the X Factor finals.
Helena Romanes Student Jemima performed Ava Maria to seal her place in the regionals.
She said: “It was really fun. There were a lot of people with incredible voices and I didn’t expect it to make it through. I was so happy when I found out. I really didn’t think it would happen.”
The 13-year-old has been singing since she was eight. She impressed her mum, Katherine Phillips by bursting into song when watching Britain’s Got Talent, and soon after she started having lessons.
You may also want to watch:
“I love everything about singing,” Jemima said. “And I like performing. I used to get really nervous but now when I am on stage I feel really comfortable and more confident.”
Jemima plans to sing a ballad for the next round of the competition.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
The overall Teenstar winner takes home £5,000 to help develop their career.