You can help with Finchingfield Guildhall restoration
A QUESTIONNAIRE has been made available and will be used to shape the restoration plans of the historic Finchingfield Guildhall. The survey – released by the Finchingfield Almshouse Trust, which is guiding the restoration project – will also be used to in
A QUESTIONNAIRE has been made available and will be used to shape the restoration plans of the historic Finchingfield Guildhall.
The survey - released by the Finchingfield Almshouse Trust, which is guiding the restoration project - will also be used to inform the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) Round 2 application, which could provide funding
Project member for participation, Jeremy Toynbee, said: "At this planning stage, it is vitally important for us to listen the views of local residents and potential visitors, responses from outside the parish are warmly welcomed."
The Almshouse Trust launched the �1.6m project - entitled 'Finchingfield Guildhall - A Building Story' - in November to guide a much-needed programme of repairs, refurbishment and restoration.
You may also want to watch:
The medieval timber-framed, Grade I-listed building has played a central role in village life for over 550 years. It will be sympathetically transformed to provide a multi-purpose venue with facilities for a museum and library and the arts, all for use by the community and visitors.
Trustee Jackie Bargman said: "By completing the project we will ensure that this wonderful building will be secured and at the heart of the community for many years to come."
- 1 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 2 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 3 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 4 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 7 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 8 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 9 Stansted teachers offered lockdown yoga
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
The questionnaire can be completed online at www.finchingfieldguildhall.org.uk. Those completing the survey before February 16 will be entered in draw to win �25 of High Street Vouchers.