You can help with Finchingfield Guildhall restoration
A QUESTIONNAIRE has been made available and will be used to shape the restoration plans of the historic Finchingfield Guildhall. The survey – released by the Finchingfield Almshouse Trust, which is guiding the restoration project – will also be used to in
A QUESTIONNAIRE has been made available and will be used to shape the restoration plans of the historic Finchingfield Guildhall.
The survey - released by the Finchingfield Almshouse Trust, which is guiding the restoration project - will also be used to inform the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) Round 2 application, which could provide funding
Project member for participation, Jeremy Toynbee, said: "At this planning stage, it is vitally important for us to listen the views of local residents and potential visitors, responses from outside the parish are warmly welcomed."
The Almshouse Trust launched the �1.6m project - entitled 'Finchingfield Guildhall - A Building Story' - in November to guide a much-needed programme of repairs, refurbishment and restoration.
The medieval timber-framed, Grade I-listed building has played a central role in village life for over 550 years. It will be sympathetically transformed to provide a multi-purpose venue with facilities for a museum and library and the arts, all for use by the community and visitors.
Trustee Jackie Bargman said: "By completing the project we will ensure that this wonderful building will be secured and at the heart of the community for many years to come."
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 3 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 4 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 5 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 6 How to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in Essex
- 7 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 8 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 9 Aythorpe Roding come up short in league opener
- 10 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
The questionnaire can be completed online at www.finchingfieldguildhall.org.uk. Those completing the survey before February 16 will be entered in draw to win �25 of High Street Vouchers.