Women rescued after car crash
TWO women were taken to hospital following a crash that left the both of them trapped in their vehicles on the Braintree Road between Shalford Green and Church End on Friday morning. The road was completely blocked after the accident and a rapid response
TWO women were taken to hospital following a crash that left the both of them trapped in their vehicles on the Braintree Road between Shalford Green and Church End on Friday morning.
The road was completely blocked after the accident and a rapid response car, a Basics emergency doctor, an ambulance, an incident support unit manager, the air ambulance and fire crews were despatched to the scene.
Stuart Rhind, ISU manager at Essex Ambulance Service, said:
"Two cars had collided front corner to front corner leaving both drivers trapped.
You may also want to watch:
"We co-operated with fire crews during the extrication process which involved cutting the roof off of one car and a door from the other."
One of the drivers was a 50-year-old woman with a suspected fracture to her hip and pain in her chest.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 3 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 4 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 5 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 6 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 7 Award for off-duty police officer who saved a man's life
- 8 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 9 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 10 The first ever Flitch Green Fun Day in pictures
She was treated at the scene before being airlifted to Colchester General Hospital.
The other driver was a woman believed to be in her late 40s.
She was suffering from neck and back pain and was fully immobilised with a neck collar and spinal board before being taken by land ambulance to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford.