Women rescued after car crash
TWO women were taken to hospital following a crash that left the both of them trapped in their vehicles on the Braintree Road between Shalford Green and Church End on Friday morning. The road was completely blocked after the accident and a rapid response
TWO women were taken to hospital following a crash that left the both of them trapped in their vehicles on the Braintree Road between Shalford Green and Church End on Friday morning.
The road was completely blocked after the accident and a rapid response car, a Basics emergency doctor, an ambulance, an incident support unit manager, the air ambulance and fire crews were despatched to the scene.
Stuart Rhind, ISU manager at Essex Ambulance Service, said:
"Two cars had collided front corner to front corner leaving both drivers trapped.
You may also want to watch:
"We co-operated with fire crews during the extrication process which involved cutting the roof off of one car and a door from the other."
One of the drivers was a 50-year-old woman with a suspected fracture to her hip and pain in her chest.
- 1 Air ambulance and four land vehicles called to Essex emergency
- 2 In pictures: First ever Summer Solstice Sundown festival a hit
- 3 Two taken to hospital after Little Dunmow collision
- 4 In pictures: Stebbing tractor run 2021
- 5 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Half empty or half full weekend depending on whether you play for Dunmow's firsts or seconds
- 8 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 9 The 2021 Stebbing Tractor Run route
- 10 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
She was treated at the scene before being airlifted to Colchester General Hospital.
The other driver was a woman believed to be in her late 40s.
She was suffering from neck and back pain and was fully immobilised with a neck collar and spinal board before being taken by land ambulance to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford.