Women rescued after car crash
TWO women were taken to hospital following a crash that left the both of them trapped in their vehicles on the Braintree Road between Shalford Green and Church End on Friday morning. The road was completely blocked after the accident and a rapid response
TWO women were taken to hospital following a crash that left the both of them trapped in their vehicles on the Braintree Road between Shalford Green and Church End on Friday morning.
The road was completely blocked after the accident and a rapid response car, a Basics emergency doctor, an ambulance, an incident support unit manager, the air ambulance and fire crews were despatched to the scene.
Stuart Rhind, ISU manager at Essex Ambulance Service, said:
"Two cars had collided front corner to front corner leaving both drivers trapped.
You may also want to watch:
"We co-operated with fire crews during the extrication process which involved cutting the roof off of one car and a door from the other."
One of the drivers was a 50-year-old woman with a suspected fracture to her hip and pain in her chest.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 10 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
She was treated at the scene before being airlifted to Colchester General Hospital.
The other driver was a woman believed to be in her late 40s.
She was suffering from neck and back pain and was fully immobilised with a neck collar and spinal board before being taken by land ambulance to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford.