Women rescued after car crash
TWO women were taken to hospital following a crash that left the both of them trapped in their vehicles on the Braintree Road between Shalford Green and Church End on Friday morning. The road was completely blocked after the accident and a rapid response
TWO women were taken to hospital following a crash that left the both of them trapped in their vehicles on the Braintree Road between Shalford Green and Church End on Friday morning.
The road was completely blocked after the accident and a rapid response car, a Basics emergency doctor, an ambulance, an incident support unit manager, the air ambulance and fire crews were despatched to the scene.
Stuart Rhind, ISU manager at Essex Ambulance Service, said:
"Two cars had collided front corner to front corner leaving both drivers trapped.
"We co-operated with fire crews during the extrication process which involved cutting the roof off of one car and a door from the other."
One of the drivers was a 50-year-old woman with a suspected fracture to her hip and pain in her chest.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 3 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 4 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 5 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 6 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 7 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 8 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 9 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 10 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
She was treated at the scene before being airlifted to Colchester General Hospital.
The other driver was a woman believed to be in her late 40s.
She was suffering from neck and back pain and was fully immobilised with a neck collar and spinal board before being taken by land ambulance to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford.