Woman charged with attempted murder in Dunmow appears in court
- Credit: Archant
A woman has appeared in court charged with attempted murder and possession of a knife in a public place, after an incident outside Co-op in Great Dunmow.
Police said a woman in her 60s suffered neck injuries in White Street on Thursday, August 6 at around 10.20am.
Her injury was not described as life threatening.
Kathryn Irons, 53, of Conifer Way, Great Dunmow, appeared at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court on Friday August 7. She has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at Chelmsford Crown Court on September 4.
A spokesperson for Essex Police said: “We arrested a woman at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
“We are not looking for anyone else in connection with the case and there is no risk to the wider community.”
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 9 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash