Woman charged with attempted murder in Dunmow appears in court
- Credit: Archant
A woman has appeared in court charged with attempted murder and possession of a knife in a public place, after an incident outside Co-op in Great Dunmow.
Police said a woman in her 60s suffered neck injuries in White Street on Thursday, August 6 at around 10.20am.
Her injury was not described as life threatening.
Kathryn Irons, 53, of Conifer Way, Great Dunmow, appeared at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court on Friday August 7. She has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at Chelmsford Crown Court on September 4.
A spokesperson for Essex Police said: “We arrested a woman at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
“We are not looking for anyone else in connection with the case and there is no risk to the wider community.”
- 1 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 7 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 8 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced