Woman suspected of swine flu at Broomfield Hospital
DOCTORS at Broomfield Hospital are treating a woman for suspected swine flu. Tests are being carried out on a female patient at the Essex hospital, south of Dunmow, but it has not been confirmed if the woman is carrying the potentially life threatening i
DOCTORS at Broomfield Hospital are treating a woman for suspected swine flu.
Tests are being carried out on a female patient at the Essex hospital, south of Dunmow, but it has not been confirmed if the woman is carrying the potentially life threatening infection.
Staff at the hospital have confirmed that the woman is being treated in isolation and doctors had put infection control procedures in place.
A Spokesman for Mid Essex Hospitals NHS Trust said: "The Trust can confirm that a female patient was admitted to Broomfield Hospital with suspected swine flu on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
"Whilst tests are being run the patient is being treated in isolation and infection control procedures are being scrupulously followed to ensure no other patient or member of staff is put at risk."
The number of swine flu cases is rising across the world and the US has confirmed that the death of a 23-month-old child there is the first fatality outside Mexico, where the virus is thought to have originated.
- 1 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 2 School receives copies of Grandad's Lost His Glasses
- 3 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 4 One arrest after harassment complaints in Halstead
- 5 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 6 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 7 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 8 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 9 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 10 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
It is thought that the results of the test are due later today.