Woman's body found in recreation ground in north Essex
- Credit: Google Maps
Detectives have concluded their investigation into a woman's body found in a recreation ground in Braintree, police have confirmed.
Officers from Essex Police were called to Braintree Recreation Ground in John Ray Street at about 11.30pm on Tuesday.
As a result of their investigation, they have come to the conclusion that her death was not suspicious.
After the body was found investigating officer, Detective Chief Inspector Stuart Truss, said: “I appreciate that this may be concerning for people living in the local area, but situations like this are very unusual in Braintree and we have a team of specialist officers working to establish what happened.
“There is likely to be a significant police presence in the area throughout today and tomorrow.
“This is a fast-moving investigation, and my team is pursuing several lines of enquiry.
“I would urge anyone who was in or around Braintree Recreation Ground yesterday evening and saw anything unusual to get in touch with us.”
- 1 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 2 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 3 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 4 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 5 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 6 School activities and sports in pictures
- 7 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 8 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 9 Suspense thriller is author's fourth novel
- 10 Clarke's batting masterclass inspires Aythorpe Roding to big win
Anyone who saw anything or has CCTV, doorbell or dashcam footage is urged to contact Essex Police, quoting incident number 1214 of February 15.