Woman grabbed by neck during robbery in Stansted
- Credit: Archant
A woman was grabbed around the neck by a robber as he tried to take her bag in Stansted Mountfitchet.
The incident happened at around 10am on Tuesday, December 5, in Manor Road.
The victim, a 31-year-old woman, was walking along the street when a white Peugeot 206 pulled up beside her.
A man got out of the car and grabbed the woman around her neck.
He then pushed her to the ground as he attempted to take her bag.
The victim was able to take her back bag and get away.
However, the man had already taken a two-figure sum of cash from the bag.
- 1 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 5 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 6 Emergency bananas rescue man's 875-mile solo cycle challenge
- 7 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 8 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 9 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 10 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
He got back into the car and drove away, in the direction of Church Road.
Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to contact Pc Dominic Potts at Braintree police station on 101, quoting incident 42/172107/17. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information