Woman grabbed by neck during robbery in Stansted
- Credit: Archant
A woman was grabbed around the neck by a robber as he tried to take her bag in Stansted Mountfitchet.
The incident happened at around 10am on Tuesday, December 5, in Manor Road.
The victim, a 31-year-old woman, was walking along the street when a white Peugeot 206 pulled up beside her.
A man got out of the car and grabbed the woman around her neck.
He then pushed her to the ground as he attempted to take her bag.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was able to take her back bag and get away.
However, the man had already taken a two-figure sum of cash from the bag.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 7 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 8 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 9 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 10 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
He got back into the car and drove away, in the direction of Church Road.
Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to contact Pc Dominic Potts at Braintree police station on 101, quoting incident 42/172107/17. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information