Woman grabbed by neck during robbery in Stansted
- Credit: Archant
A woman was grabbed around the neck by a robber as he tried to take her bag in Stansted Mountfitchet.
The incident happened at around 10am on Tuesday, December 5, in Manor Road.
The victim, a 31-year-old woman, was walking along the street when a white Peugeot 206 pulled up beside her.
A man got out of the car and grabbed the woman around her neck.
He then pushed her to the ground as he attempted to take her bag.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was able to take her back bag and get away.
However, the man had already taken a two-figure sum of cash from the bag.
- 1 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 Bid to 'join' Dunmow and Easton with more than 1,000 homes blocked
- 4 Ball bearings shot at Leaden Roding car
- 5 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 6 'Outstanding' Town Award winners unveiled
- 7 Essex Highways proposes 11-week closure to main road near Thaxted
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
He got back into the car and drove away, in the direction of Church Road.
Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to contact Pc Dominic Potts at Braintree police station on 101, quoting incident 42/172107/17. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information