Woman, 67, bound and hit by burglars who raided Takeley home for four-figure sum of cash
- Credit: Archant
A woman was tied up as thieves burgled her Takeley home.
The 67-year-old victim was taking rubbish out in Chestnut Way at about 2.50pm yesterday when three men grabbed her and dragged her inside.
The three men then bound her feet together and covered her mouth with a cloth.
She was also hit.
The burglars stole a four-figure sum of cash, jewellery and alcohol.
Detective inspector Al Stevens said: “This was a nasty incident that has left the victim feeling very shaken. She was tied up for around half an hour before being able to free herself and call for help.
“I would ask anyone with any information to contact me so that I can bring those responsible to justice.”
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 6 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 7 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 10 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
The three men are said to have a tanned appearance, with brown hair and spoke some Romanian.
One is described as having brushed back hair, unshaven and scruffy and wearing a yellow fluorescent vest.
The second was described as 5ft 5in-tall with brown hair, also unshaven and scruffy. The third was of a slim build.
They were seen driving a small silver car and may have been in the area before the burglary.
A 41-year-old man from Braintree has been arrested on suspicion of possession of class A drugs and aggravated burglary. He is being questioned in Chelmsford Police Station.
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information is asked to contact Braintree CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.