Woman, 25, released on bail after being arrested at Stansted Airport on suspicion of endangering an aircraft
- Credit: Archant
A woman arrested at Stansted Airport over the weekend on suspicion of endangering an aircraft for has been released on bail.
The 25-year-old, from Maidenhead in Berkshire, was arrested on suspicion of common assault, criminal damage and endangering an aircraft.
She has been released on bail until Tuesday 30 July.
Essex Police were inundated with 999 calls after houses were shaken and a loud blast was heard across the county, including in Uttlesford, at about 6.45pm on Saturday.
It has since confirmed that the noise was a 'sonic boom' caused by Typhoon jets breaking the sound barrier.
You may also want to watch:
Stansted Airport said the jets had escorted a Jet2 flight in to land because of a disruptive passenger on board,
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 3 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 4 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Dragons' Den style competition highlights innovative ideas