Witness appeal after fatal road crash
POLICE have appealed for witnesses following a fatal road crash in Chelmsford.
A woman in her 60s died after her car went out of control at Parkway at 7.40pm yesterday (Thursday).
The silver Mazda car collided with a crash barrier and part of the railway viaduct before overturning beneath the viaduct.
The driver, from Chelmsford, was taken to Broomfield Hospital where she died about two hours later.
The road was closed until around 12.30am while police carried out an initial investigation into the cause of the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Officers believe that no other vehicles were involved but have asked any witnesses who have not yet spoken to police to contact the Serious Collision Unit on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 7 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 8 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history