Witness appeal after fatal road crash
POLICE have appealed for witnesses following a fatal road crash in Chelmsford.
A woman in her 60s died after her car went out of control at Parkway at 7.40pm yesterday (Thursday).
The silver Mazda car collided with a crash barrier and part of the railway viaduct before overturning beneath the viaduct.
The driver, from Chelmsford, was taken to Broomfield Hospital where she died about two hours later.
The road was closed until around 12.30am while police carried out an initial investigation into the cause of the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Officers believe that no other vehicles were involved but have asked any witnesses who have not yet spoken to police to contact the Serious Collision Unit on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 2 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 3 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 4 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 5 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 6 Stations benefit from funding
- 7 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 8 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
- 9 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford