Witness appeal after fatal road crash
POLICE have appealed for witnesses following a fatal road crash in Chelmsford.
A woman in her 60s died after her car went out of control at Parkway at 7.40pm yesterday (Thursday).
The silver Mazda car collided with a crash barrier and part of the railway viaduct before overturning beneath the viaduct.
The driver, from Chelmsford, was taken to Broomfield Hospital where she died about two hours later.
The road was closed until around 12.30am while police carried out an initial investigation into the cause of the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Officers believe that no other vehicles were involved but have asked any witnesses who have not yet spoken to police to contact the Serious Collision Unit on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 7 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash