Police seek witnesses to fatal collision
- Credit: Essex Police
A woman in her 20s has died after a collision near Wimbish which caused a Nissan Micra to overturn.
A 25-year-old man from the Dunmow area was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, driving whilst unfit through drink or drugs and failing to stop at the scene of a collision.
He was taken to hospital then taken into custody for questioning.
Emergency services were called to the B184 Thaxted Road in Howlett End on Friday (December 4) at 9.10pm.
Essex Police want to identify two members of the public who assisted in helping to get the people from the car.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed they left the scene after emergency services arrived.
Police also seek any driver who has dash cam footage that might be relevant, or any CCTV.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 5 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 8 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 9 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 10 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
Please contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on CollisionAppeal@essex.pnn.police.uk and quote incident 1254 of December 4.
Submit a report online at https://www.essex.police.uk or use the Live Chat button to speak to an online operator between 7am-11pm.
Alternatively, call 101 to speak to Crimestoppers - they will not take your name. Their number is 0800 555 111 or https://crimestoppers-uk.org