Man, 42, charged with murder of woman in Great Saling
- Credit: Archant
Police have charged a 42-year-old man with the murder of a woman in Great Saling.
Wilfred Jacob, of The Street, Great Saling, was due to appear at Colchester Magistrates' Court yesterday (Saturday).
The charge comes after the body of 41-year-old Linda Vilika was found at a property in Great Saling on Monday.
A post-mortem examination took place on Wednesday. It established that the provisional cause of her death was stab wounds, but further investigation is required, police said.
Essex Police said: "We await the results of further tests, which will take several weeks."
You may also want to watch:
Detectives continue to appeal for further information about the incident. Anyone who believes may hold relevant information and has not yet spoken to the North Major Crime Team is asked to call 101 or e-mail email@example.com.
Alternatively, contact the Crimestoppers charity, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or use the anonymous online form at Crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 9 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?