Man, 42, charged with murder of woman in Great Saling
- Credit: Archant
Police have charged a 42-year-old man with the murder of a woman in Great Saling.
Wilfred Jacob, of The Street, Great Saling, was due to appear at Colchester Magistrates' Court yesterday (Saturday).
The charge comes after the body of 41-year-old Linda Vilika was found at a property in Great Saling on Monday.
A post-mortem examination took place on Wednesday. It established that the provisional cause of her death was stab wounds, but further investigation is required, police said.
Essex Police said: "We await the results of further tests, which will take several weeks."
Detectives continue to appeal for further information about the incident. Anyone who believes may hold relevant information and has not yet spoken to the North Major Crime Team is asked to call 101 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, contact the Crimestoppers charity, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or use the anonymous online form at Crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 2 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 5 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 6 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 7 Great Dunmow Town Council will be asked to declare 'climate emergency'
- 8 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Meet the New Tourism Business of the Year finalists
- 9 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?