WI celebrates birthday bonanza
IT WAS a birthday bonanza at a social group for women this month.
Dunmow’s Women’s Institute celebrated multiple summer landmarks as Jay Ainge, Jill Jimson, Jan Mitchell, Pam Parrot, Brenda Squires and Vera Taylor all were born in the sunshine month of August.
Each of the women received special gifts from all the members and were then treated to a talk from Constance Turner on the subject of ‘Grandma knows Best’ – lots of reminiscing about marbles, hopscotch, skipping, conkers, tiddlywinks, cats cradle and many more old fashion games.
A recent coffee morning made a profit of �90 and the group will be visiting Audley End House and Garden on September 14.
The next meeting is on September 8, for further information contact Wendy Hodkinson on 01371 876383.
You may also want to watch:
Meetings are held in Foakes Hall on the second Wednesday of the month and begin at 7.45pm. New members and visitors are always welcome.
- 1 Laptops and jewellery stolen during Dunmow burglary
- 2 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 3 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 4 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 5 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 6 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 7 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 8 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 9 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 10 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation