WI celebrates birthday bonanza
IT WAS a birthday bonanza at a social group for women this month.
Dunmow’s Women’s Institute celebrated multiple summer landmarks as Jay Ainge, Jill Jimson, Jan Mitchell, Pam Parrot, Brenda Squires and Vera Taylor all were born in the sunshine month of August.
Each of the women received special gifts from all the members and were then treated to a talk from Constance Turner on the subject of ‘Grandma knows Best’ – lots of reminiscing about marbles, hopscotch, skipping, conkers, tiddlywinks, cats cradle and many more old fashion games.
A recent coffee morning made a profit of �90 and the group will be visiting Audley End House and Garden on September 14.
The next meeting is on September 8, for further information contact Wendy Hodkinson on 01371 876383.
You may also want to watch:
Meetings are held in Foakes Hall on the second Wednesday of the month and begin at 7.45pm. New members and visitors are always welcome.
- 1 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 2 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 3 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 6 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 7 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 8 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 9 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 10 Former POW camp on council heritage list