Wet weather fails to rule out seaside trip
DRIVING rain and a stiff breeze could not stop residents from the Croft House Nursing and Residential Home enjoying a trip to the seaside – because they moved the seaside indoors...
After travelling down to Clacton-on-Sea at the beginning of this week the group were in danger of being soaked to the skin rather than bathing in the sunshine.
However, thanks to the help of a sister-home in Clacton, also run by BUPA, the day was saved as all of the seaside elements came indoors to them.
Activity co-ordinator Martine de Carnys said: “We had a lovely bit of sunshine right at the end of the day, so the residents did get to spend at least an hour by the sea.
“But before that we were lucky to be able to go to a fellow BUPA care home near the seafront and enjoy some fish and chips, a Punch and Judy show and lots of activities which you would usually associate with a day by the sea.
“It was a lot of fun but we were glad to get the sunshine at the end of the day. It capped it off in a lovely way.”
Croft House is situated on Braintree Road in Great Dunmow and has been rated as excellent by the latest quality care commission report in 2008.
- 1 Festive season begins at Great Dunmow's Christmas Market
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
- 4 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 7 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 8 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 9 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 10 Dunmow Town Team announces 2021 Christmas market
WHAT do you think of the great British weather? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1EE.