Wet weather fails to rule out seaside trip
DRIVING rain and a stiff breeze could not stop residents from the Croft House Nursing and Residential Home enjoying a trip to the seaside – because they moved the seaside indoors...
After travelling down to Clacton-on-Sea at the beginning of this week the group were in danger of being soaked to the skin rather than bathing in the sunshine.
However, thanks to the help of a sister-home in Clacton, also run by BUPA, the day was saved as all of the seaside elements came indoors to them.
Activity co-ordinator Martine de Carnys said: “We had a lovely bit of sunshine right at the end of the day, so the residents did get to spend at least an hour by the sea.
“But before that we were lucky to be able to go to a fellow BUPA care home near the seafront and enjoy some fish and chips, a Punch and Judy show and lots of activities which you would usually associate with a day by the sea.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a lot of fun but we were glad to get the sunshine at the end of the day. It capped it off in a lovely way.”
Croft House is situated on Braintree Road in Great Dunmow and has been rated as excellent by the latest quality care commission report in 2008.
- 1 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 2 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 3 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 7 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 8 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford
WHAT do you think of the great British weather? E-mail us at email@example.com or write to us at 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1EE.