Wet weather fails to rule out seaside trip
DRIVING rain and a stiff breeze could not stop residents from the Croft House Nursing and Residential Home enjoying a trip to the seaside – because they moved the seaside indoors...
After travelling down to Clacton-on-Sea at the beginning of this week the group were in danger of being soaked to the skin rather than bathing in the sunshine.
However, thanks to the help of a sister-home in Clacton, also run by BUPA, the day was saved as all of the seaside elements came indoors to them.
Activity co-ordinator Martine de Carnys said: “We had a lovely bit of sunshine right at the end of the day, so the residents did get to spend at least an hour by the sea.
“But before that we were lucky to be able to go to a fellow BUPA care home near the seafront and enjoy some fish and chips, a Punch and Judy show and lots of activities which you would usually associate with a day by the sea.
“It was a lot of fun but we were glad to get the sunshine at the end of the day. It capped it off in a lovely way.”
Croft House is situated on Braintree Road in Great Dunmow and has been rated as excellent by the latest quality care commission report in 2008.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 3 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 4 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 5 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 6 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 7 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 8 How to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in Essex
- 9 Aythorpe Roding come up short in league opener
- 10 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
WHAT do you think of the great British weather? E-mail us at email@example.com or write to us at 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1EE.