West End musical specialists prepare for gig in Thaxted
TALENTED musicians from the world of West End musicals will be playing a special gig in Thaxted on Friday November 27. Including a saxophonist from Hairspray and a guitarist from The Lion King, Superstition is an eight-piece soul band with
TALENTED musicians from the world of West End musicals will be playing a special gig in Thaxted on Friday November 27.
Including a saxophonist from Hairspray and a guitarist from The Lion King, Superstition is an eight-piece soul band with a reputation for their live performances.
"We've been together for about seven years, but because many of the band members are professional musicians with commitments in West End shows we don't do many gigs," said vocalist Adrian Weaver.
"We haven't played many concerts in this area, but we played in Thaxted last year and it went really well, so we're delighted to be able to come back!"
You may also want to watch:
Organised by Flightpath Entertainments, the show will be held in Bolford Street Hall from 8pm and a licensed bar will be available.
With a wide range of songs in their repertoire stretching from the 60s through to the 80s and encompassing the genres of soul and disco, Thaxted is set for a party to remember.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 7 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 8 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
Described as a gutsy soul band and featuring musicians from Grease the musical and Les Miserables, the band have the tightest horn section this side of Cuba. For more information about the band visit www.superstitionband.co.uk.
The music will guarantee to get you dancing and ranges from Mustang Sally and Mack the Knife to Disco Inferno and a Beatles medley.
Superstition will be supported by folk/rock band Hired Hands who have played together since their schools days in Dublin.
Coming from a classical background the band play a unique mix of music with emphasis on vocal harmonies and a natural string and woodwind sound.
They are currently working on their first album which is due to be released on Any Other City Records in 2009.
Tickets are priced at �7 and are available for Parrishes Restaurant & Wine Bar in Thaxted. Buying tickets in advance is essential, call them on 01971 830482 for more details.