Weekend weather forecast for Essex
TEMPERATURES are predicted to be a maximum of 2�C in the East of England over the weekend, with a wind-chill making it feel bitterly cold. With recent snowfall and showers the public is advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for furt
TEMPERATURES are predicted to be a maximum of 2�C in the East of England over the weekend, with a wind-chill making it feel bitterly cold.
With recent snowfall and showers the public is advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice regarding traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.
Overview for the region
Remaining very cold with further snow showers.
Today (Saturday January 9)
- 1 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 2 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 3 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 4 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 5 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 6 How to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in Essex
- 7 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 8 Jailed: 'Selfish' 135mph driver spotted speeding on M11 near Woodford
- 9 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 10 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
Generally rather cloudy with risk of further snow showers. These are expected to become more widespread in the south later. Feeling bitterly cold in the strong easterly wind. Maximum temperature 2�C.
With winds from the North East at 28 km/h and a low temperature of -1�C the night will be extremely cold.
Tomorrow (Sunday January 10)
Featuring snow and showers with a high of 1�C and a low of -1�C over night. Winds from the North East at 27 km/h will make this a chilly night.