Video: Vic Reeves shares his memories of the Great 1987 storm
Comedian Vic Reeves shares his memories of the 1987 storm through animation.
We have been lucky enough to receive a YouTube video from animator, Alex Collier about the Great Storm in 1987.
Alex found himself animating Vic Reeves’ memories of the storm after contacting Vic about his autobiography.
“I was a big fan of Vic’s autobiography ‘Me:Moir’, which covers his early life in the North. As I’m an animator I approached him to ask of I could bring some of his book to life. He decided to come up with a new story from his time living in London, and chose this particular incident - obviously Vic could have plucked out one of many, many incidents in his life, but the fact he chose this particular night must mean that the events had a big effect on him, and clearly stayed vividly in his mind all these years on!”
Alex even managed to get Vic to voice over the video once he created the animation.
To watch the video click on the play button above.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 5 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 6 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 7 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 8 Things to do in Essex this June
- 9 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 10 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
Can you remember the 1987 storm? Were you affected directly or did you help out others?
If so email your memories, photos and videos to email@example.com
To view the section online look for the button on our homepage.