Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- Credit: Essex County Fire and Rescue Service
Firefighters have rescued a pig trapped in mud.
Dolly, aged eight, weighing about 31 stone (200kg), was trapped and in distress.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service crews from Great Baddow and Chelmsford, including the Animal Rescue Unit, went to help at Cock Green Road, Felsted yesterday (Wednesday, January 20) at just after 9am.
Crew manager Lewis Black said: "The pig had laid down in its sty but got stuck in the mud could not get herself up.
"Crews worked in difficult conditions using specialist straps for lifting, glide sheets and a fair bit of brute force to get her upright.
You may also want to watch:
"It was the Animal Rescue Unit's first incident involving a pig and crews were delighted to help."
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 9 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan