Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- Credit: Essex County Fire and Rescue Service
Firefighters have rescued a pig trapped in mud.
Dolly, aged eight, weighing about 31 stone (200kg), was trapped and in distress.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service crews from Great Baddow and Chelmsford, including the Animal Rescue Unit, went to help at Cock Green Road, Felsted yesterday (Wednesday, January 20) at just after 9am.
Crew manager Lewis Black said: "The pig had laid down in its sty but got stuck in the mud could not get herself up.
"Crews worked in difficult conditions using specialist straps for lifting, glide sheets and a fair bit of brute force to get her upright.
"It was the Animal Rescue Unit's first incident involving a pig and crews were delighted to help."
- 1 Fears that Covid may cause Essex hospital staffing to get ‘very difficult’
- 2 Dinosaur park decision made
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 Cyclist dies after collision near The Notleys
- 5 Protesters call on Kemi Badenoch MP to oppose controversial crime bill
- 6 Memories are made of this for Bob as Barnston and High Roding meet at last
- 7 How Malcolm's work is having an impact in Uttlesford
- 8 Campaigners quiz council over its Wethersfield prisons letters
- 9 Dunmow mayor's 2021 review and plans for 2022
- 10 Tree collection is a fundraising success for St Clare hospice