Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- Credit: Essex County Fire and Rescue Service
Firefighters have rescued a pig trapped in mud.
Dolly, aged eight, weighing about 31 stone (200kg), was trapped and in distress.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service crews from Great Baddow and Chelmsford, including the Animal Rescue Unit, went to help at Cock Green Road, Felsted yesterday (Wednesday, January 20) at just after 9am.
Crew manager Lewis Black said: "The pig had laid down in its sty but got stuck in the mud could not get herself up.
"Crews worked in difficult conditions using specialist straps for lifting, glide sheets and a fair bit of brute force to get her upright.
You may also want to watch:
"It was the Animal Rescue Unit's first incident involving a pig and crews were delighted to help."
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 4 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 5 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 6 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 7 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 8 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 9 Festival poised for Holst's 150th birthday celebrations in 2024
- 10 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches