Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- Credit: Essex County Fire and Rescue Service
Firefighters have rescued a pig trapped in mud.
Dolly, aged eight, weighing about 31 stone (200kg), was trapped and in distress.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service crews from Great Baddow and Chelmsford, including the Animal Rescue Unit, went to help at Cock Green Road, Felsted yesterday (Wednesday, January 20) at just after 9am.
Crew manager Lewis Black said: "The pig had laid down in its sty but got stuck in the mud could not get herself up.
"Crews worked in difficult conditions using specialist straps for lifting, glide sheets and a fair bit of brute force to get her upright.
You may also want to watch:
"It was the Animal Rescue Unit's first incident involving a pig and crews were delighted to help."
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash