Weather warning issued for ice and snow in Essex and Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Forecasters have issued a yellow weather warning for possible snow and ice across the region today and tomorrow.
The Met Office warns showers of sleet and snow are likely at times during Sunday and overnight into Monday.
Essex and Suffolk are most likely to see snowy showers – generally a mix of sleet and hail near the coastline – towards the end of the warning period, which runs from 10.55am today (Sunday) until midday Monday.
The warning also covers Scotland and the north of England, which is expected to be the worst affected.
Accumulations of 0-2cm of snow are likely in places at low levels, but locally 2-5cm over hills and where showers become aligned in bands.
You may also want to watch:
Ice will be an additional hazard overnight, particularly after showers.
The Met Office said: “Ice will also be a hazard on untreated surfaces, particularly between showers overnight, with those areas just inland from the coasts of eastern and southeast England at particular risk as the showers will fall as a wintry mix.”
- 1 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 4 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 5 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 6 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 7 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 8 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 9 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 29, 2021
- 10 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic