Weather forecast for Friday and Saturday
- Credit: PA
Watch the latest Met Office forecast for today and Saturday, with showers and colder temperatures expected.
TODAY (East of England)
Outbreaks of rain are expected to continue through the morning for many, and could be persistent in places. By the afternoon some drier intervals are possible, with a few sunny intervals developing. However further showers cannot be ruled out. Maximum temperature 7C (44.6F).
Largely dry at first, with clear spells developing, and perhaps some patchy frost or fog developing. However cloud then increases from the north around dawn, with the odd shower possible. Minimum temperature 0C (32F).
A rather cloudy morning, with occasional outbreaks of rain, and brisk northeasterly winds developing. Some brighter spells are possible later, with the best of any sunshine in the north. Maximum temperature 6C (42.8F).
- 1 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 2 Great Dunmow Town Council will be asked to declare 'climate emergency'
- 3 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 4 Essex Young Farmers celebrate Plough Sunday with Thaxted tractor run
- 5 Dragon egg activities at The Flitch Green Academy
- 6 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 7 Sunday's event for the 100 year anniversary of village hall
- 8 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 9 Things to do in Essex February 2022
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
SUNDAY TO TUESDAY
Cold Sunday, with largely unbroken sunshine and brisk northeasterly winds. Cold again Monday, and windy, however turning cloudier, especially towards the south. Remaining cold and cloudy Tuesday, but mostly dry.