Weather forecast for Friday and Saturday
- Credit: PA
Watch the latest Met Office forecast for today and Saturday, with showers and colder temperatures expected.
TODAY (East of England)
Outbreaks of rain are expected to continue through the morning for many, and could be persistent in places. By the afternoon some drier intervals are possible, with a few sunny intervals developing. However further showers cannot be ruled out. Maximum temperature 7C (44.6F).
Largely dry at first, with clear spells developing, and perhaps some patchy frost or fog developing. However cloud then increases from the north around dawn, with the odd shower possible. Minimum temperature 0C (32F).
A rather cloudy morning, with occasional outbreaks of rain, and brisk northeasterly winds developing. Some brighter spells are possible later, with the best of any sunshine in the north. Maximum temperature 6C (42.8F).
- 1 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 2 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 3 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 4 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 5 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 6 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 7 Foodies Festival returns to Hylands Park for tasty Chelmsford weekend
- 8 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 9 School activities and sports in pictures
- 10 DJ Danny Rampling to headline at Dunmow music festival
SUNDAY TO TUESDAY
Cold Sunday, with largely unbroken sunshine and brisk northeasterly winds. Cold again Monday, and windy, however turning cloudier, especially towards the south. Remaining cold and cloudy Tuesday, but mostly dry.