Weather forecast for Friday and Saturday
- Credit: PA
Watch the latest Met Office forecast for today and Saturday, with showers and colder temperatures expected.
TODAY (East of England)
Outbreaks of rain are expected to continue through the morning for many, and could be persistent in places. By the afternoon some drier intervals are possible, with a few sunny intervals developing. However further showers cannot be ruled out. Maximum temperature 7C (44.6F).
Largely dry at first, with clear spells developing, and perhaps some patchy frost or fog developing. However cloud then increases from the north around dawn, with the odd shower possible. Minimum temperature 0C (32F).
You may also want to watch:
A rather cloudy morning, with occasional outbreaks of rain, and brisk northeasterly winds developing. Some brighter spells are possible later, with the best of any sunshine in the north. Maximum temperature 6C (42.8F).
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 3 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 4 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 5 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 6 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 7 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 8 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 9 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 10 Great Easton pub sells at auction
SUNDAY TO TUESDAY
Cold Sunday, with largely unbroken sunshine and brisk northeasterly winds. Cold again Monday, and windy, however turning cloudier, especially towards the south. Remaining cold and cloudy Tuesday, but mostly dry.