Warning over driving on flooded roads after four cars come off A120 near Takeley
- Credit: Archant
Drivers have been warned of the dangers of flooded roads after four cars aquaplaned off the A120 within minutes of each other.
Emergency services were called to the westbound carriageway just before the Takeley turn-off at 11.40am on Monday, February 27, after the vehicles all left the road in the same place.
A Jaguar, a Ford Focus, a Porsche and an Audi were all involved.
A passenger in the Porsche was hit by the Audi as the car’s occupants walked back towards the other vehicles.
The woman, aged 35, was taken to Broomfield Hospita, Chelmsford, but later discharged with minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police were helped by a local farmer, Mr Rea, whose tractor helped to recover the vehicles, and officers said they were “extremely grateful” for his assistance.
The East of England Ambulance Service sent a rapid response vehicle, and ambulance officer and the trust’s Hazardous Area Response Team to the scene.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 9 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 10 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor