Warning over driving on flooded roads after four cars come off A120 near Takeley
- Credit: Archant
Drivers have been warned of the dangers of flooded roads after four cars aquaplaned off the A120 within minutes of each other.
Emergency services were called to the westbound carriageway just before the Takeley turn-off at 11.40am on Monday, February 27, after the vehicles all left the road in the same place.
A Jaguar, a Ford Focus, a Porsche and an Audi were all involved.
A passenger in the Porsche was hit by the Audi as the car’s occupants walked back towards the other vehicles.
The woman, aged 35, was taken to Broomfield Hospita, Chelmsford, but later discharged with minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police were helped by a local farmer, Mr Rea, whose tractor helped to recover the vehicles, and officers said they were “extremely grateful” for his assistance.
The East of England Ambulance Service sent a rapid response vehicle, and ambulance officer and the trust’s Hazardous Area Response Team to the scene.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 7 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash