Volunteers sought to man gallery
THERE is a taste of warmer climates in Dunmow s Flitch Gallery at the moment that is sure to remove your winter blues. An exhibition of artwork by South African born artist Leanne Burford draws heavily on influences from her homeland and brings together a
THERE is a taste of warmer climates in Dunmow's Flitch Gallery at the moment that is sure to remove your winter blues.
An exhibition of artwork by South African born artist Leanne Burford draws heavily on influences from her homeland and brings together a mixture of portraits, landscapes and abstract expressionist styles.
Her use of rich, vibrant acrylics on canvas fills with room with energy and gives a warming glow that can only remind the viewer of the colours you only seem to get in countries sunnier than ours.
Mrs Burford says she likes to capture a person's character and find out what makes them tick. "At the moment, I really like painting portraits, especially of indigenous people like the Bedouins".
Peter Hall, manager of the Flitch Gallery, is currently looking for volunteer sitters to help man the Flitch Gallery.
"We are looking for honest, reliable people to come and sit in the gallery for a day when we have exhibitions on.
- 1 Bardfield cottage transformed into scrumptious-looking gingerbread house for Christmas
- 2 Olympic gold medallist Beth Shriever switches on Finchingfield's Christmas tree lights
- 3 Parishes join forces to oppose 'unsustainable' housing idea near Hatfield Heath
- 4 First Sunday in December marked with Live Nativity in Great Dunmow
- 5 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 6 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 7 Uttlesford elects its first female leader in council's 47-year history
- 8 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 10 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners host returning cross country league
"They can be any age, and it's great for someone who has an interest in art," he said.
To volunteer at the Flitch Gallery or to find out more about future exhibitions call Peter Hall on 07748 153926.