Visitors delighted by plenty of weird and wacky creations at Ford End scarecrow festival
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to Ford End were treated to more than 40 creation locations as part of this year’s Scarecrow Festival last week.
The event, which has been running in the village for three years, featured a host of colourful creations including a straw version of tennis star Andy Murray, Michael Jackson, and Donald Trump.
Spiderman, pirates, and one made entirely of Jena pieces were also on display, alongside a fireman and two ‘minions’ from children’s film, Despicable Me.
The festival also saw a trail for youngsters to follow, and 11 gardens were opened for the public to enjoy ahead of tea and cake in the churchyard.
Ford End’s bowls club also swung open its doors for the day, inviting people to come and try the sport between hunting the scarecrows.
You may also want to watch:
Last year, more than £1,500 was raised for the village hall, and this year’s proceeds will go to both the hall and the church.
- 1 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 2 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic
- 3 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 4 Jobs boost for community as Dunmow's Caremark sees demand surge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 7 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 8 Former Tring Athletic boss Kevin Christou named as new manager at Dunmow Town
- 9 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 10 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park