Virus outbreak: Broomfield hospital remains closed
BROOMFIELD Hospital still remains closed to visitors in order to stop the spread of the winter vomiting bug, Norovirus. One ward, B12 is temporarily closed to all new admissions due to the virus. Broomfield Hospital, like many other hospitals countrywide,
BROOMFIELD Hospital still remains closed to visitors in order to stop the spread of the winter vomiting bug, Norovirus. One ward, B12 is temporarily closed to all new admissions due to the virus.
Broomfield Hospital, like many other hospitals countrywide, has been affected by the virus on several occasions over recent months and this decision has been taken to bring the situation under control.
The situation is still being reviewed on a daily basis. However, until the hospital is given the all clear, people are still being asked not to visit.
Patients (unless affected by Norovirus) should still attend for their hospital appointments, but hospital waiting list staff will be contacting all patients who are due to come in for planned surgery to check they have not had the virus recently or been in contact with anyone who has.
You may also want to watch:
The Norovirus stomach bug, which causes vomiting and diarrhoea, is very easily spread from person to person. The illness lasts around two days and no treatment is required, however, even after the symptoms have cleared up people may still carry the virus and infect others up to three days after their own symptoms have stopped.
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 7 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 8 Full house success: Great Dunmow's Last Night of the Proms
- 9 Pets' Corner: Ben Fogle's plea over Bonfire Night
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport