Village to hold its own fundraising Olympics day
FELSTED village is holding its own Olympics day in a bid to raise money for a new children s play area. The playground at the heart of the village is over 20 years old and in need of replacement. A committee made up of parish council members and village g
FELSTED village is holding its own Olympics day in a bid to raise money for a new children's play area.
The playground at the heart of the village is over 20 years old and in need of replacement.
A committee made up of parish council members and village groups was established in 2005 with a view to planning the refurbishment of the playing field. With plans already in place for that facility, the project focus is now on the playground.
The group needs to raise �90,000, of which around �30,000 has already been sourced through grants and previous fundraising activities.
You may also want to watch:
In another fundraising attempt to move a step closer to that target, the Felsted Village Olympics has been organised from 12noon to 4pm on Sunday April 26 at Felsted Prep School and the playing fields.
All village groups have been invited to participate in events including tennis and coaching tournament, football penalty shoot-out, swimming, boules competition, bowls, pitch and putt, and cricket coaching and matches.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
There will also be children's races, such as sack race and egg and spoon race, a barbecue, ice creams, strawberry cart and cake stall. The day is finished off with a grand Tug of War.
The Felsted Toddler Group will also be holding a magnificent raffle. Tickets cost just �1 each and will be available on the day or in advance from Linsell's Village Shop in Felsted.
First prize is an exclusive dinner for 10 at The Swan in the village.
Other prizes include a spa break for four people, a golf day for four people, a weekend's luxury accommodation in La Manga, Spain, and an Anya Hindmarch designer handbag.
Everyone is welcome on the day. Programmes are �1 available from Linsell's.
For more information about the playground project and the Felsted raffle and prizes, visit www.felstedplayground.co.uk