Village locations targeted by thieves
VEHICLES in Great Dunmow appear to have been targeted by thieves stealing expensive catalytic converters.
Police are appealing for witnesses following a number of thefts of from high clearance cars and vans in Braintree and Uttlesford between September 6 and 9.
Areas involved in Dunmow include the Oak and Chelmsford Road Industrial Parks, Chelmsford Road itself and also the town’s High Street.
Locations in Felsted, Witham, Halstead and Coggeshall were also targeted.
The total value of the stolen converters is estimated to be �9000.
You may also want to watch:
Vehicles with a high clearance include Landrovers, Ford Rangers, Toyota Landcruisers and the Iveco Daily.
Crime reduction advisor Stephen Armson-Smith said: “Should you be unfortunate enough to suffer the theft of your catalytic converter, retain the cut area of the exhaust when you are getting it replaced. Essex Police may then be able to make a mechanical match on any recovered converter.”
- 1 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 2 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 5 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 6 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 7 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 8 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 9 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 10 Green infrastructure plan and carbon reduction activities for Essex
Police are appealing for information about these crimes. Contact officers at Braintree or Dunmow on 0300 333 4444, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.