Village locations targeted by thieves
VEHICLES in Great Dunmow appear to have been targeted by thieves stealing expensive catalytic converters.
Police are appealing for witnesses following a number of thefts of from high clearance cars and vans in Braintree and Uttlesford between September 6 and 9.
Areas involved in Dunmow include the Oak and Chelmsford Road Industrial Parks, Chelmsford Road itself and also the town’s High Street.
Locations in Felsted, Witham, Halstead and Coggeshall were also targeted.
The total value of the stolen converters is estimated to be �9000.
You may also want to watch:
Vehicles with a high clearance include Landrovers, Ford Rangers, Toyota Landcruisers and the Iveco Daily.
Crime reduction advisor Stephen Armson-Smith said: “Should you be unfortunate enough to suffer the theft of your catalytic converter, retain the cut area of the exhaust when you are getting it replaced. Essex Police may then be able to make a mechanical match on any recovered converter.”
- 1 Air ambulance and four land vehicles called to Essex emergency
- 2 In pictures: First ever Summer Solstice Sundown festival a hit
- 3 Two taken to hospital after Little Dunmow collision
- 4 In pictures: Stebbing tractor run 2021
- 5 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Half empty or half full weekend depending on whether you play for Dunmow's firsts or seconds
- 8 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 9 The 2021 Stebbing Tractor Run route
- 10 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
Police are appealing for information about these crimes. Contact officers at Braintree or Dunmow on 0300 333 4444, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.