Village locations targeted by thieves
VEHICLES in Great Dunmow appear to have been targeted by thieves stealing expensive catalytic converters.
Police are appealing for witnesses following a number of thefts of from high clearance cars and vans in Braintree and Uttlesford between September 6 and 9.
Areas involved in Dunmow include the Oak and Chelmsford Road Industrial Parks, Chelmsford Road itself and also the town’s High Street.
Locations in Felsted, Witham, Halstead and Coggeshall were also targeted.
The total value of the stolen converters is estimated to be �9000.
You may also want to watch:
Vehicles with a high clearance include Landrovers, Ford Rangers, Toyota Landcruisers and the Iveco Daily.
Crime reduction advisor Stephen Armson-Smith said: “Should you be unfortunate enough to suffer the theft of your catalytic converter, retain the cut area of the exhaust when you are getting it replaced. Essex Police may then be able to make a mechanical match on any recovered converter.”
- 1 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 2 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 4 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 10 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
Police are appealing for information about these crimes. Contact officers at Braintree or Dunmow on 0300 333 4444, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.