Village fete set to go
A VILLAGE fete that returned for the first time last year is coming around again, bigger and even better.
Following success in 2009 the Stebbing Society will be holding its now annual big day out at Mill Lane on Sunday September 12.
Starting at 1.30pm the opening will be easy to hear, as Dunmow Town Crier Richard Harris will be on hand to cry the “here yeas”.
There will be plenty of stalls, including a children’s “Harvest Hat” competition, and fantastic arena displays from The Dunmow Majorettes, The Judo Club and the Bardfield Brass Band amongst others.
For hungry stomachs a tasty barbeque will also be on offer, as well as teas, cakes and other refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere during the weekend, an art show will be taking place on the Saturday and Sunday in the Friends Meeting House, High Street, between 11am and 6pm.
Admission and parking for all events is free.
- 1 Air ambulance and four land vehicles called to Essex emergency
- 2 In pictures: First ever Summer Solstice Sundown festival a hit
- 3 Two taken to hospital after Little Dunmow collision
- 4 In pictures: Stebbing tractor run 2021
- 5 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Half empty or half full weekend depending on whether you play for Dunmow's firsts or seconds
- 8 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 9 The 2021 Stebbing Tractor Run route
- 10 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
Send in your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org