Village fete set to go
A VILLAGE fete that returned for the first time last year is coming around again, bigger and even better.
Following success in 2009 the Stebbing Society will be holding its now annual big day out at Mill Lane on Sunday September 12.
Starting at 1.30pm the opening will be easy to hear, as Dunmow Town Crier Richard Harris will be on hand to cry the “here yeas”.
There will be plenty of stalls, including a children’s “Harvest Hat” competition, and fantastic arena displays from The Dunmow Majorettes, The Judo Club and the Bardfield Brass Band amongst others.
For hungry stomachs a tasty barbeque will also be on offer, as well as teas, cakes and other refreshments.
Elsewhere during the weekend, an art show will be taking place on the Saturday and Sunday in the Friends Meeting House, High Street, between 11am and 6pm.
Admission and parking for all events is free.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 6 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 10 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
Send in your pictures to email@example.com