Video & Gallery: New Dunmow police station is officially opened
CHAIRMAN of the Essex Police Authority Robert Chambers described it as 15 years in the making , Essex Chief Constable Roger Baker said it was A first class building with first class people, it was, of course, the opening of Dunmow s new police station.
CHAIRMAN of the Essex Police Authority Robert Chambers described it as "15 years in the making", Essex Chief Constable Roger Baker said it was "A first class building with first class people," it was, of course, the opening of Dunmow's new police station.
Gathered round a glittering red ribbon in the Wednesday morning sunshine, town mayor Clive Smith declared the modern and spacious policing centre officially open at 11.15am today (Wednesday).
The £7.5million replacement for Dunmow's old town centre police station will house 80 officers, working in different departments, such as crime scene investigation, road policing, dog handling, intelligence and a human resources team.
Mr Chambers said: "The impressive new station is great news for the local people as not only does it boast state of the art facilities, it will also generate a greater police presence and visibility in the area, something which the public asked for. My claim to fame is it was going to be built at Newton green 15 years ago but the deal fell through and we needed somewhere, I am delighted it is Dunmow. "
You may also want to watch:
The doors to the new station are now open to the public on Saturdays - Tuesday 9am until 5pm and Wednesday to Friday 8am until 8pm.
Chief Constable Baker said: "We are determined to provide the best policing services to the people of Essex. This police station reflects this determination and will enhance neighbourhood policing in the town."
- 1 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 2 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 3 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 4 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 5 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 6 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 7 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 8 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 9 County council commits to better deal for care workers
- 10 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
Dunmow's old police station, on Chequers Lane, will remain open for two hours, six days a week, until a new kiosk will be built at the new library in White Street. The opening hours for the old station are Monday to Friday 10am until noon and Saturday noon until 2pm.
Let us know what you think of the new station. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 2 Angel Lane, Great Dunmow, Essex CM6 1AQ.