Video & Gallery: Dunmow fireworks night
MUDDY, damp, but definitely not a squib, as the Dunmow fireworks entertained a packed recreation ground on Saturday night. Provided by the Dunmow Round Table group, the Catherine wheels fizzed and the rockets burst into the sky in a dazzling array of colo
MUDDY, damp, but definitely not a squib, as the Dunmow fireworks entertained a packed recreation ground on Saturday night.
Provided by the Dunmow Round Table group, the Catherine wheels fizzed and the rockets burst into the sky in a dazzling array of colour at around 7.15pm, in a display that lasted for almost 20 minutes.
Round table member Shaun Pledger said: "It was touch and go on Saturday morning as to whether the display was going to take place. The weather had been so wet in the days before we were really concerned about having to call it off.
"But we gave it the all clear on Saturday afternoon and despite the muddy conditions we had a huge turnout. We are very thankful to the people that came out and we hope they had a terrific evening."
You may also want to watch:
Many of the 3000 people that attended said that it was the best display ever and the mud did not stop them from enjoying the side shows and stalls, as well as the fire and fireworks.
Round table spokesman, Daniel Albon, said: "The turnout was amazing despite the poor weather and the display was excellent with a superb finale. Many came up to us after the event saying that this year's event was the best display ever! We are already looking forward to next years event although we hope it is a little drier.
- 1 Air ambulance and four land vehicles called to Essex emergency
- 2 In pictures: First ever Summer Solstice Sundown festival a hit
- 3 Two taken to hospital after Little Dunmow collision
- 4 In pictures: Stebbing tractor run 2021
- 5 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Half empty or half full weekend depending on whether you play for Dunmow's firsts or seconds
- 8 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 9 The 2021 Stebbing Tractor Run route
- 10 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
"With the money raised, we hope to continue the work helping local good causes any way we can, especially with the festive season approaching."
Any charity or local group which would like some financial assistance, please contact Rob Miller, Chairman of Dunmow Round Table on firstname.lastname@example.org or Neil Bird, Vice-Chairman on email@example.com
What did you think of this year's fireworks display?
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org