Victim of fatal B184 Dunmow road crash named by police
- Credit: Archant
A man who died in a road crash near Great Dunmow earlier this week has been named by police.
Jaroslaw Banaszek, 33, from Norwich, was killed when his car left the B184 and collided with a tree during an early morning crash.
• Man dies in road crashThe collision happened on the Dunmow Road between High Roding and Dunmow, close to the junction at Mountain’s Farm Road.
Emergency services were called to the scene at around 1.30am on Monday, October 9.
A spokesman for Essex Police said Mr Banaszek was declared dead at the roadside by staff from the East of England Ambulance Service.
The road was closed while recovery and forensic crash investigations took place.
You may also want to watch:
It reopened later the same morning.
No other vehicles were involved in the collision, the police spokesman confirmed.
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 3 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 4 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 7 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 8 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 9 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 10 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
Essex Police has issued an appeal for anyone who can help with the investigation to come forward.
Anyone who may have information about the incident, or may have seen the car in the area prior to the collision, is asked to get in touch with the force.
Those with such information should contact Pc Jac Dean at the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Did you know Mr Banaszek? If you did and would like to pay tribute to him, email email@example.com