Very Able Pupils enjoy Magic Day at Felsted!
- Credit: Archant
FIFTY pupils from schools across the county were invited to Felsted for a Very Able Pupil Day.
The children attended Science or Spanish workshops aimed at meeting and extending the needs of more able pupils in Year 5.
They were welcomed to ‘Felspell School of Magic, Witchcraft and Wizardry’.
Pupils learnt about the ‘Magic Metal Magnesium’ in their potions class, gained an understanding of reactions in their charms class - using chemicals to reveal and send secret messages - and also found out which ‘House’ they belong to from the ‘Plant of Possibilities’ in Herbology.
Pupils also learnt about acids and alkalis and had the opportunity to learn about snakes and stick insects in their ‘Care of Magical Creatures Class’.
You may also want to watch:
Spanish enthusiasts were invited on a Spanish ‘holiday’ for a day, as well as tasting some delicious tapas and performing a Show.
Event co-ordinator, Christina Bury, said: “Overall the day was a great success and the staff at Felsted Preparatory School would like to thank all the schools and children who agreed to take part. We are already looking forward to our Music and Art VAP day next year.”
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows