Valentines Day: Save money and energy on February 14
VALENTINES DAY is just around the corner, and here are some top tips to save money on the most romantic day of the year. According to the Energy Saving Trust there are many things you can do to help fight climate change and save energy on February 14. The
VALENTINES DAY is just around the corner, and here are some top tips to save money on the most romantic day of the year.
According to the Energy Saving Trust there are many things you can do to help fight climate change and save energy on February 14.
Turn off your lights, draw the curtains, un-plug the TV and dine by candlelight - it's romantic and will save you money
You may also want to watch:
Save water and share a romantic bath together.
Send your loved one an e-card to avoid waste and that last minute dash to the shop the night before.
- 1 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 2 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 3 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 4 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 7 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 8 The Maltings – where would be we without our Friends?
- 9 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 10 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
Rather than drive to a restaurant - take a romantic evening stroll there. This will save you money on your fuel and will help burn the meal off on the walk back home.
For more information on how to give your home a big warm hug this Valentines Day call your local Energy Saving Trust advice centre on 0800 512 012, and ask an Energy Saving Trust advisor for information on insulating your home and the grants that may be available to help you.
You can also call the advice centre free to speak to one of our advisors about renewable energy technologies and to find out how you can stop wasting around �300 every year on your home energy bills by carrying out a free home energy check, over the phone with an advisor.
Call free on 0800 512 012 or visit energysavingtrust.org.uk.