Uttlesford District Council sets up citizens panel to help shape service delivery
UTTLESFORD District Council is currently recruiting 500 residents to help shape the way it develops and delivers services. The council is setting up a citizens panel – a consultative body that it send surveys to on a range of council-related topics.
UTTLESFORD District Council is currently recruiting 500 residents to help shape the way it develops and delivers services.
The council is setting up a citizens panel - a consultative body that it send surveys to three or four times a year on a range of council-related topics.
Market research company BMG is carrying out the recruitment on the council's behalf and the final 500 people will be broadly representative of the make-up of the district.
Letters were sent out this week to a randomly selected sample of residents to begin the recruitment process.
Chief executive John Mitchell said: "We want to know the views of the panel on the services and issues that affect them in their daily lives.
"It will help us plan better services in the future, so if you receive an invitation through the post to join the panel, please consider doing so."
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 6 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 7 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 8 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 9 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 10 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
A citizens panel page has been created on the Uttlesford District Council website - visit uttlesford.gov.uk/consultation