Uttlesford District Council sets up citizens panel to help shape service delivery
UTTLESFORD District Council is currently recruiting 500 residents to help shape the way it develops and delivers services. The council is setting up a citizens panel – a consultative body that it send surveys to on a range of council-related topics.
UTTLESFORD District Council is currently recruiting 500 residents to help shape the way it develops and delivers services.
The council is setting up a citizens panel - a consultative body that it send surveys to three or four times a year on a range of council-related topics.
Market research company BMG is carrying out the recruitment on the council's behalf and the final 500 people will be broadly representative of the make-up of the district.
Letters were sent out this week to a randomly selected sample of residents to begin the recruitment process.
You may also want to watch:
Chief executive John Mitchell said: "We want to know the views of the panel on the services and issues that affect them in their daily lives.
"It will help us plan better services in the future, so if you receive an invitation through the post to join the panel, please consider doing so."
- 1 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 2 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 4 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 10 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
A citizens panel page has been created on the Uttlesford District Council website - visit uttlesford.gov.uk/consultation