Uttlesford District Council sets up citizens panel to help shape service delivery
UTTLESFORD District Council is currently recruiting 500 residents to help shape the way it develops and delivers services. The council is setting up a citizens panel – a consultative body that it send surveys to on a range of council-related topics.
UTTLESFORD District Council is currently recruiting 500 residents to help shape the way it develops and delivers services.
The council is setting up a citizens panel - a consultative body that it send surveys to three or four times a year on a range of council-related topics.
Market research company BMG is carrying out the recruitment on the council's behalf and the final 500 people will be broadly representative of the make-up of the district.
Letters were sent out this week to a randomly selected sample of residents to begin the recruitment process.
You may also want to watch:
Chief executive John Mitchell said: "We want to know the views of the panel on the services and issues that affect them in their daily lives.
"It will help us plan better services in the future, so if you receive an invitation through the post to join the panel, please consider doing so."
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Hospice at home service in seventh year but Covid impact 'challenging'
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 5 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 6 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 7 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 8 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 9 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 10 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village
A citizens panel page has been created on the Uttlesford District Council website - visit uttlesford.gov.uk/consultation