Uttlesford District Council appeals for volunteers in Dunmow
UTTLESFORD District Council has appealed to people living in Great Dunmow and surrounding villages to help it find volunteers for the town’s day centre.
A recent recruitment drive by the centre, in Chequers Lane, failed to secure a single helper and UDC has said it is baffled by the lack of interest.
The centre needs a new treasurer, bookings clerk and chairman by the end of March, when a new committee is due to take over.
Wendy Barron, chairman of the Dunmow Day Centre Committee, said: “All these roles are vital to the running of the centre.
“I would dearly love to hear from anyone who feels they could take one of the positions on – volunteers need not commit to helping out every week.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information contact Wendy direct on 01371 859803 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced