Uttlesford District Council appeals for volunteers in Dunmow
UTTLESFORD District Council has appealed to people living in Great Dunmow and surrounding villages to help it find volunteers for the town’s day centre.
A recent recruitment drive by the centre, in Chequers Lane, failed to secure a single helper and UDC has said it is baffled by the lack of interest.
The centre needs a new treasurer, bookings clerk and chairman by the end of March, when a new committee is due to take over.
Wendy Barron, chairman of the Dunmow Day Centre Committee, said: “All these roles are vital to the running of the centre.
“I would dearly love to hear from anyone who feels they could take one of the positions on – volunteers need not commit to helping out every week.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information contact Wendy direct on 01371 859803 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 5 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 6 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- 7 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 8 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 9 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 10 Work placements for almost 200 ARU student nurses